Jelani Callender
8/27/2013
 candyexpress4@gmail.com

My relationship with writing is a positive one,it helped me become the person I am today. Writing has helped me express my thoughts and keep a positive mind when I was around harsh nasty individuals. In recent times, I really don't know if it would be possible for me to exist any longer if I didn't write. Writing equals sanity.
  I started writing when I was in 5th grade to become an author to become rich and well known. I thought I could be done writing the book in one week but it took more that one week, it took weeks maybe even a year. The story followed a young boy in his search for his parents but found much more,friends and a duty to a population. In writing that story and in my writing experience I learned patience was key to success,that you shouldn't write for money or fame but only for one purpose-to tell a story. You could say that I was much like that young boy or am much like that young boy because through writing I have found a duty to tell many stories that belong to many people. No matter the cost you only write to tell a story or its just a spoiled thing.
Writing for me is very enjoyable because you get to imagine people,events,things,concepts and worlds that seem to not be present in reality.  Books and media throughout history have also shaped the way people have viewed things and the world so its great to be able to show other people your understanding of things so you won't be a person with this great idea all by yourself with no one to share it with.Writing is also enjoyable because I am an artist and writing can  give you the type of world structure in your mind-adding creativity and excitement to your artwork.
   The one thing I do not enjoy or rather an experience I do not enjoy is writing pointless essays about some type of literature where spoilers, the guy kills himself at the end,kills someone at the end or someone the guy loves gets killed at the end-it is just depressing. In writing also do not enjoy writing something that has a ridiculously sad prompt-or rather it turns out for me to be sad.Many times in school for those standardized tests they ask you," describe what did you do for your summer" Whereas other would write, "I had fun!"
I would have to write" I had fun." And recently for a high school exit paper from economics, I had to write about my whole high school experience which wasn't a really bright one. The reason why I hate these events so much is that they defeat the purpose I have set for writing, to be a joyful and happy experience-not to recover bad past events.
   My relationship with writing is a very positive one-I use it to express myself on paper where I rather would never express myself by actually spoken words. Writing is my voice that no one can hinder, no one can take away(unless edited to destroy what I'm saying)-writing is my sanity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now I'm back with purpose.

War between creators