DRUNK CORNER

So let me take you people back to a time where life was sweet-princess where well and I might as well do it while I'm emotionally drunk-not being able to consume any alcohol at all is such a bumper because if I ever do drink alcohol, I'll be in a world in trouble but let's just pretend I'm drunk.
Yo! I'm drunk- and in four years kiddies- the future is not what you think it is at the beginning of those four years and this story illustrates the point.

DRUNK CORNER! EDITION 1 12:11 AM 3/19/2012




When I started poetry it was because of the time in my life I was going through at that specific time period. It was 9th grade and I discovered further who I was. In who I was- I better defined what type of music I would listen to and what I would and would not but up and my expectations for the future.
 The entire poetry thing started from a song I heard on the radio and I can say that song and that artist changed my perception of the world in general and started a new age of my life. I knew then it was the best time of my life because the best was yet to come. The artist was Owl City and the one song was Fireflies, the song mystified me because I had never heard anything like it before and I didn’t understand what it meant at first but after a few times I caught on to the style. The style, that is, revealing things in a rhyming fashion, description and mystery. I can say over the Christmas Holiday when I got that new CD- Ocean Eyes by Owl City I fell in love with the artist’s music.
 I learned to celebrate a future in which I could actually have a girlfriend because the very idea of a girlfriend coming into reality for me slipped out of my grasp. So in my changing world I copied some of my favorite artist’s style and soon I was good at it-as almost instantly and I begin singing too. My worries of my changing world passed away as I followed my dreams of writing stories while school was in session and not waiting for summer. Poetry was my life back then.
 Then the tragedy of my 10th grade hit- a look I had gotten from a girl turned into a small friendship and I began to chase what I preached the previous year in my religion of poetry and a hero saves the day-style.  This was the time in my history where I did something I had never done before-ever- I actually tried to defend a real person. Usually I would have just imagined a bad guy and wrote a story where I would write in someone to save the day-this time it was real. I was ready as I ever was going to be ready for it. So the heartbreak of real reality hit- in trying to be the hero of someone I could consider my princess from the evil of someone who might as well be a deceptive slave master.
So instead of getting thanks-I was shut down-my dream ended-the very princess I stood up for actually defended the person I viewed as an enemy. I was greatly shaken by that experience because I stuttered a lot and friends I thought would back me up actually just turned on me-literally but I found new friends that day. Though the happy age of poetry and writing of romance bravely was over- I turned away from writing poetry.
Owl City was my favorite artist still but even his music seemed heartbroken and eventually throughout the summer of conquering stories I had put off typing , I awoke anew-not even calling this event a tragedy- I didn’t even know the effects to the end of the next school year.  Basically I started calling myself dead and after a surgery from a digestive impediment, I was a new person- longing for a new dream with someone new-perhaps life could start again.  I turned to new music, to rock and learned to write lyrics to new inspiration-a group by the name of My Chemical Romance. So ignoring I’d been affected at all by the event I continued my same thought process- a hero can save some troubled maiden’s day. Eventually I had to accept I had been affect but by that time in another foolish cry-
I was killed off yet again by a different dream maiden-though there is always a chance of life with both maidens- a willing persevering dream .
Poetry has changed for me to something I want to do-to something I hate to do because of that one event- and I changed my lyrical style after that second event where I adopted song writing.  Poetry is futile when you do not have the emotional stamina to do so. That is my view on poetry- might as well be forever until something positive changes it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now I'm back with purpose.

War between creators